Saturday

I am finally painting again



Earlier this month we had record high temperatures as if it were mid-August, now it has been raining most of the week and by tomorrow the temperatures are to drop so low that if the rain continues, we are expecting the possible of snow in the lower elevations. The last time the Bay Area had any snow was in 1976, however I was in Europe at the time and therefore have no recollection of the event. 


Right now I welcome the rain as there is nothing better to do than to paint, continuing the work I started about a week ago on my first painting in more than a year ago. in the meantime I look forward to the possibility of a little snow.




After applying the sculptured material to the canvas, it was time to prepare the entire surface for painting by applying gesso. Doing so with a brush which which I will be painting in Acrylic and then using oils, helps me to contact mow directly with the surface and get a feel for the type of brush work I will need to apply for the desired effect.




It will be at least another two weeks before I may consider the painting finished, in part because white always takes longer to dry and the weather is not helping in that department. Besides, the process of painting needs to evolve, were the artist connects with the painting and vise versa. 


Upon the completion of the painting I will share with you the entire evolution and process, along with plenty of photographs that have documented the process through the various stages. So stay tuned.



Thank you for your visit and comment,
Egmont





20 comments:

Ian Foster said...

It is good to see you painting again Egmont, the work looks fascinating, I can't wait to see the finished article.

S. Susan Deborah said...

Glad to see you at work, Egmont. The piece sure looks quite wonderful. Complete it soon and show us the result.

Please take good care.

Joy always,
Susan

Kim Hambric said...

Glad to hear you are painting again. Looks to be an interesting piece -- I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your progress.

Betty Manousos said...

Hey dear Egmont!
So nice to hear you're painting again.
You've been missed.

Happy weekend!
Betty

JJ said...

Egmont: I definitely look forward to the results, but the fact that you are up and running again is masterful. There is no doubt the finished product will prove to be a virtuoso performance.

Christiane said...

Ich freue mich darauf, Dir bei der Arbeit über die Schulter schauen zu dürfen.
liebe Grüße
Christiane

Marilyn & Jeff said...

So good that you are painting again. i would love to see the piece when it is finished.

Marlynn said...

Fantastic - I can't wait to see the finished product. Congratulations on starting to paint again, Egmont. That tells me you are feeling better and healing if not physically, in your artful soul! M

Sophie Munns said...

How exciting Egmont!
Great to see this.... its quite helpful the weather keeps you at it really! Look forward to seeing more of the journey.
Have a great week ahead!
S

rivergardenstudio said...

This is wonderful! To see the beginning of your art as it comes alive, and to know you are painting again. So nice to see you here... roxanne

Donna Iona Drozda said...

Fascinating beginning and the photos are great. I look forward to seeing the next installment.

Folk Heart said...

I am SO glad you are back in action. What a year it has been for you...but nothing could be more healing than resuming your artistic creativity. I'll be here cheering you on!

Thea Schrack said...

Such good news, all my best, keep us all posted. Check out my SF show as well!

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings everyone,

Thank you so ver much for stopping by and sharing with me a major undertaking after almost two years of not painting.

Saturday is always reserved for house cleaning and gardening, this Saturday was no different and by the time the evening rolled around i was just too tired, while on Sunday I ended up working on the painting.

Progress on "White on White" is going what the mind had envision when the canvas was just blank and yesterday the first layer of oil paint covered the painting. Now I need to study the results and contemplate what is next.

Warmest regards,
Egmont

Eva said...

How exciting to see you working again. I am eager to see the finished piece. I've been so busy in my own little world that I have been unable to visit your blog. I'm sorry that it's been so long as I missed you interesting posts.

KatrinaRecycled said...

Wonderful that you are painting again Egmont. Looking forward to seeing the finished work, will be checking in regularly!

Jill zaheer said...

Seeing you paint puts a smile on my face. You've been through quite a journey- and so glad to see you are on to a painting now! Love the size and texture. The pictures of you with your work are just super. Look forward to seeing the next phase of your work!

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Dear Eva,

Thank you for dropping in and know that I too am guilty of not visiting your blog or that of others. I am still trying to find balance and time as I spend much time going through my art books for hours on end, however things can only improve.

Wishing you a wonderful start to the week,
Egmont

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Dear Katrina and JIll,

Thank you both for looking in on me and commenting.

I have taken photographs of the many different stages of the painting and will be sharing them shortly. As for the larger format Jill, I love working larger or even larger as it gives me a certain ind of freedom that one is not able to have with a much smaller canvas.

Wishing you both a great start tot he week,
Egmont

Kelly M. said...

wonderful, wonderful news! so good to see these images of you and your work!